The PRC-247A is the major component of the radiostation GRC-247A and VRC-247A.
They are intended for vehicular or ground installation, with the addition of an external power amplifier the output power is 100W instead of the normal 20W pep.
These sets were built by the italian firm IRET (Industria Radio Eelettrica Telecomunicazioni) and used by the spanish army.
The built-in manual antenna coupler can resonate a whip antenna of about 4 meters
- Frequency range
- 2.000 to 29.999 mc in 0.1 kc steps.
- Frequency standard stability
- 1.0 parts/million.
- Intermediate frequency
- 65 Mhz Ist IF, 5Mhz 2nd IF.
- Operating temperature range
- -25°C to +55°C
- Operating mode
- A3J (LSB-USB)
- A3H (LSB)USB) AM compatibility
- A1 (LSB-USB) CW 1000Hz shifted
- High power output
- A3J A1 20W pep A3H, 5W carrier.
- Low power output
- 1/10 of high power
- Monitor sidetone
- Voice or tone as determined by modulation mode.
- Tuning indicator
- A3J A1 1 microvolt for 10 db, signal plus noise to noise
- A3H 2.5 microvolt for 10db S+N/N
- A3J A1 -6 db 3000Hz, -60 db 5,500 Hz.
- A3H -6 db 6000 -60 db 15000Hz
- Audio output
- 2 mw minimum into a 300-ohm headset
- 1W into 50 Ohm loudspeaker
- Input power
- 6W average @28Vdc
- INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL
- HF-SSB TRANSCEIVER
- GRC-247/ VRC-247/A
- NOVEMBER 1973