The SCR-245 Radio was a mobile Signal Corps Radio used by the U.S. Army before and during World War II, for short range ground communications, It was one of the first crystal sets used by the Army.
The SCR-245 was standardized on 10 June 1937, and used by Armored forces for command and control of tank units. it replaced the earlier SCR-189 and was used primarily in the early M2, M3 light tanks as well as the early M3 medium tanks. the sets large size required it to be mounted in the tanks sponsons. it was replaced by the SCR-508 sets.
- BC-223 Transmitter AM, CW/voice, 4 X-stals, 2.0 Mc to 4.5 Mc, 10 Watts, range CW-45Mi. Voice 20 Mi.
- BC-312 Receiver
- PE-55 Dynamotor (12Volt input) or PE-125AX, or PE-135AX
- MP-14 or MP-37 mast base and 15 foot whip antenna
- BX-19 spare tubes for BC-312
- BX-20 5 spare tubes and bulb for BC-223
- BX-21, carries the microphone, key, and headsets when not in use.
- PE-125-AX vibrator power supply / BX-42 spares
- SCR-210 (Receiver only set)
- -A light tank M2A3
- -B medium tank M2
- -C light tank M2A4
- -D scout car M3A1
- -E light tank M1A1
- -F medium tank M2A1
- -G light tank M3
- -H medium tank M3
- -J 75MM gun motor carriage
- -245 by installation type
- -A M1A1 combat car
- -B M2A3 light tank
- -C M3 scout car
- -D T-13 scout car
- -E M2 medium tank
- -F M2A4 light tank
- -G M3A1 scout car
- -H M1 scout car
- -I ?
- -J 1/2 ton command car (Dodge) pictured is VC type
- -K M1A1 light tank
- -L M2A1 medium tank
- -M M3 Medium tank
- -N M3 Light tank
- -O ?
- -P M2 scout car
- -S M3 halftrack
- -T 3/4 ton command car / carryall (Dodge)
- -U M5, M5A1 light tank (Stuart)
- WAR DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL MANUAL RADIO SETS SCR-210A THROUGH SCR-210J AND SCR-245A THROUGH SCR-245N AND SCR-245P FEBRUARY 23, 1942
- Schematic Diagrams for Maintenance of Ground Radio Communication Set
- October 1942
- TM 11-2714, 44. Installation of Radio Equipment in Carrier, Personnel, Half-Track, M3, 40 pages. PB 23462 - BSIR 2(2):87; 07/05/46
TM 11-2714 1944 (Museum TD, Soesterberg NL/Corjan de Wit}